Wednesday 28 May 2014

Move On Up

Whew! Blogging is harder than I initially imagined! I posted a hiatus piece.. a couple of months ago now, and vowed then that I'd make more of a conscientious effort to get my act together and get back up to more regular blogging. However, since then I feel so much has changed for me and I'm now at a point where I need to start making some big decisions. Vural and I are no longer together, it's been so odd coming to terms with being single again but I'm getting more comfortable with it as each day passes. Everything's been up in the air with me for quite a while; job, family, London life, and unfortunately blogging has fallen by the wayside.

I went out to visit my cousin as she's currently living near Seville and I explained to her how blogging was in a way therapeutic for me. It's been great outlet to get my thoughts together and focus on things that interest me and most importantly make me happy, even if no-one else is really paying attention! So here goes again, another promise to get myself up and running once more. I'm feeling more positive and ready to start heading towards pastures new. Seeing how well my cousin Holly is getting on and visiting friends in Cornwall at the weekend have made me realise I need to really need to put more thought into me, what I want and how to get myself there.

Thought I'd share a few exciting things I've been up to, firstly my personal website-

http://cargocollective.com/EllaEllajo

So pleased with this, to finally have an organised site where I can showcase my illustrations and work across the high street. I've been starting to draw and design for myself again, to have a more creative outlet in my life outside of work which has lead to...

http://society6.com/EllaJoDesign

Yep, I've bitten the bullet and set up a society6 shop. I'm only dipping my toe in at the moment and perhaps need to dedicate a bit more time into designing more cohesive and specific prints, it's a bit allover the place at the moment! Saying that though, I guess that's me.

I love having 'products' online though and it's got the ball rolling in terms of ideas for my own brand-- watch this space in the not so far future! I just need to start promoting the society6 a little, perhaps through pinterest or something. Ive been having fun putting this board together though, let me know what you think, don't be shy! My personal faves are the wall clocks and throw cushions- is it a bit lame if I buy my own stuff?!

So yeah, perhaps this is a bit of a random post but I just wanting to state (more to myself I guess than anybody else) that I'm moving on to bigger and better things and will do my very very best to take my blog with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment